WW2 Guest Players

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
David Sinclair
Moderator Registered
Topic starter
(@davidsinclair)

I know a lot of work is still going on with respect to the summer era, but given how complicated it will be, I think it might not be a bad idea to keep progressing work on earlier years at the same time behind the scenes.

A particular issue is WW2 guest players. Leeds had well over 100 guests during WW2, and I imagine similar will be true for most clubs that kept running. I have identified most of the guest players for Leeds, including first names, source clubs etc but there are a number of question marks. Just today thanks to the Huddersfield Heritage guys I think I've identified the first name of a player supposedly from Huddersfield but who was most likely in turn a guest at Huddersfield from Batley.

Given that the spreadsheets we send back to the RKC do not include all these details, how are they being captured, and how do we try to QA such that we can be as sure as possible that we are correctly identifying players?

1 Reply
1 Reply
Neil Ormston
Admin
(@neilormston)

Posted by: @davidsinclair

I know a lot of work is still going on with respect to the summer era, but given how complicated it will be, I think it might not be a bad idea to keep progressing work on earlier years at the same time behind the scenes.

A particular issue is WW2 guest players. Leeds had well over 100 guests during WW2, and I imagine similar will be true for most clubs that kept running. I have identified most of the guest players for Leeds, including first names, source clubs etc but there are a number of question marks. Just today thanks to the Huddersfield Heritage guys I think I've identified the first name of a player supposedly from Huddersfield but who was most likely in turn a guest at Huddersfield from Batley.

Given that the spreadsheets we send back to the RKC do not include all these details, how are they being captured, and how do we try to QA such that we can be as sure as possible that we are correctly identifying players?

Don't worry David, we'll still keep progressing on the winter era stuff - I'd like to think we'll have a dozen or so clubs done by the end of this year.  We don't need to capture the source clubs in the info for Leeds per se, as we'll capture this when we link players, so provided you have the information, we can do that linking when the time comes, just as with all the others.  As for QA, this will be similar to the process we'll put in place for all these, which is still TBC, but will likely involve both club stattos signing off.  We might want to introduce a flag to highlight that these are guest players, and similarly loan players, or dual reg (@martinmcdonough might have a view on that).

Share: