Clear all

Future enhancements

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Nigel Pepper
Topic starter
(@nigelpepper)

First of all let me say what a great job has been made of getting this site to the point where it now is. My suggestions for enhancements going forward:
1) Summary pages for club seasons to show the competition a match was in.
2) Same for player summary by club season pages. I'm not bothered about a player's individual summary separating out league games from cup games.
3) Advanced search to allow search by any field. Assuming it's all SQL it should be possible to execute quite complicated searches e.g. all drop goals scored in the Regal Trophy in 19 whatever season.
4) Marking players who are either dead or retired. I accept this knowledge isn't as easy to establish but where it is known to say so.
5) Links on this site that take you to an external site e.g. rugby-league.com or nrl.com to be labelled as taking you outside this website.

Things I'm not bothered about:
1) Match reports. Links to reports I'm ok with but not carrying the reports on this site. I don't want anyone to get caught up in copyright rows, I've had enough of that elsewhere; it's time consuming and a PITA.
2) Player bios. Too subjective and again there are other places to see, find, write information like that.
Nigel

1 Reply
David Sinclair
Moderator Registered
(@davidsinclair)

I disagree a bit re bios. They needn't be long - on the Fev site they're short and to the point, and if you put a reasonably short word limit you can stop waffling. Also, while some exist for big name players (often incomplete or incorrect on Wiki), the vast majority will have nothing written about them. For some there will be virtually nothing to say as they may only have played a game or two for one side, but there are plenty of Leeds players who there's nothing written about at all. Each to their own, but to me it helps humanise players, as do photos.

Share: